The only thing that Tucson Symphony Orchestra audiences love more than music is a Splendido cookie after a MasterWorks performance. We asked our friends at Splendido for a cookie recipe to share with our audience.
“I love making the cookies and other sweet treats that Tucson Symphony Orchestra patrons get to enjoy,” says Mary Teresi, the pastry chef at Splendido. “I started making these melt-in-your-mouth Italian cookies after our CEO raved about having them in Italy. I wasn’t familiar with them at the time, but I did some research and tried them out. They are amazing—a real delicacy!”
Yield: 48 cookies
- 10 egg whites
- 36 oz. almond flour, blanched
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine almond flour, flour, powdered sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Add egg whites, orange zest, and almond extract to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to make a stiff dough.
- Scoop dough with a 1 oz. scoop and shape into an oval. Dredge in powdered sugar, place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and press down slightly.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes until light brown.
Splendido is an all-inclusive Life Plan Community in Oro Valley for those age 55 and better—and it’s much more than meets the eye. It’s investment protection, financial security, and health care services that you may not need today, but will take comfort in knowing will be there.
A long-time partner of the TSO and Presenting Sponsor of the Tucson Symphony Orchestra’s MasterWorks Concert Series, Splendido is a socially responsible organization where staﬀ and residents gladly give time, eﬀort, and enthusiasm to the community at large, and get back so much in return. In addition to creating Ways to Age Well for residents, Splendido is committed to enhancing the lives of people in the greater Tucson region.Learn more about Splendido