Position Description: The Payroll Clerk is responsible for all day-to-day payroll and benefits related activities. This is a hands-on position that reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system and to ADP; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Manages all unemployment claims and ensures claims are accurate. Coordinates with the Arizona Department of Economic Security on a monthly basis.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Submits information to ADP to reissue physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Ensures records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits prepared by ADP are accurate.
- Coordinate with health and life insurance vendor to add, delete, or modify employee and dependent coverage due to hiring, termination, or major life event. This includes COBRA coverage.
- Manages all aspects of benefits open enrollment including communication with employees and vendors. Ensures employee entry is accurate and submitted to vendors in a timely manner. Answers all employee questions. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least one – two years of experience in payroll preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
How to Apply:
- Email a cover letter and resume email@example.com with the subject: Payroll Clerk Applicant.
- All applications will be considered and answered.
Tucson Symphony Orchestra provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.